It is the intention of Corby Glen Preschool to make our provision accessible to children and families from all sections of the community. Our admissions policy operates within an equal opportunities framework and is regularly reviewed.
- We will ensure that the existence of Corby Glen Preschool is widely known in local communities. Advertising notices will be placed in widely accessible areas, in more than one language if appropriate.
- We will describe practices in terms which make it clear that all sections of the community are welcomed.
- We will ensure that the description of the setting and its practices demonstrates how the setting enables children and/or parents with additional needs to take part in the activity of the setting.
- We will monitor the gender and ethnic background of the individuals joining the group to monitor our intake and ensure it is representative of social diversity, for our locality as stated in EYFS and stored and used in accordance with GDPR 2018..
- We will ensure that information about our setting is accessible in written form to all, where necessary we will try to provide spoken form, Braille, in more than one language, through signing or an interpreter.
- Children from the age of 2 years will be admitted in accordance with our Ofsted Registration.
- We will endeavour to be flexible regarding attendance to accommodate the needs of all families.
Where necessary and if one is in place a waiting list will be monitored and reviewed regularly.
The following factors will be taken into consideration in allocating places:
- The age of the child.
- Where 3 & 4 year old places are available, hours will be prioritised for children who are eligible to access their Early Years Entitlement (EYE).
- Length of time on waiting list.
- Siblings already attending the setting.
- The vicinity of the home to the setting.
During the Covid -19 lockdown the following factors will be taken into consideration when allocating places:
- Key Worker families
- Vulnerable children
- EHCP /SEN
- 3 and 4 years olds
- All other children
EYE places will be offered in accordance with the Statutory Guidance for Local Authorities on Delivery of Free Early Years Provision. Parents/carers must complete a registration form before their child can attend and sign consent for this information to be maintained by Corby Glen Preschool in line with the Data Protection Act 1998 and GDPR May 2018 and Ofsted Registration requirement under The 1989 Children Act.